The 1N5400 diode is known for its reliability, durability, and low cost, making it a popular choice for many applications. It is commonly used in power supply circuits, battery chargers, voltage regulators, and other electronic circuits that require rectification of AC voltage to DC voltage. Its rugged construction and high surge current capability make it suitable for use in harsh environments, such as industrial and automotive applications.
Part Number: 1N5400
Function: 50V, 3.0A, Rectifier, high current capability and low forward voltage drop
Package: DO-201AD Type
Manufacturer: Diodes Incorporated.
Image and Pinouts:
What is 1N5400?
This is a 3A, 50V, rectifier. 1N5400 is a general-purpose silicon rectifier diode. It is a member of the 1N540x series of diodes, which are designed for use in power supply applications, such as rectification of AC voltage to DC voltage.
1. Diffused Junction
2. High Current Capability and Low Forward Voltage Dro
3. Surge Overload Rating to 200A Peak
4. Low Reverse Leakage Current
5. Lead Free Finish, RoHS Compliant
6. Case : DO-201AD
Some other rectifier diodes that can be compared to the 1N5400 include:
1. 1N400x series: This series of diodes is lower maximum current rating and lower reverse voltage rating.
2. UF400x series: Fast recovery rectifier diode that has a lower forward voltage drop and faster switching times
3. FR207: Fast recovery rectifier diode that has a higher current rating and lower forward voltage drop
4. MUR1560: Ultra-fast rectifier diode that has a lower forward voltage drop and faster switching times
1. Case: Molded Plastic
2. Terminals: Plated Leads Solderable per MIL-STD-202, Method 208
3. Polarity: Cathode Band
4. Weight: 1.1 grams (approx.)
1N5400 Datasheet PDF Download
Other data sheets are available within the file: IN5400, 1N5401, 1N5402, 1N5403, 1N5404