It is part of the 1N584x series of diodes, which includes several other variants with different maximum voltage and current ratings. This is a high-current Schottky rectifier diode widely used in electronic circuits to convert AC voltage to DC voltage.
The 1N5844 diode has a maximum forward current rating of 5A and a maximum reverse voltage rating of 40V.
The function of this semiconductor is 40V, 5A, Schottky Barrier Rectifier.
Preview images :
What is 1N5844?
This is 40V, 5A, Schottky Barrier Rectifier. The Schottky Barrier Rectifier (SBR) is a type of diode that is widely used in power electronics. It is based on the Schottky barrier principle, which is a metal-semiconductor junction that forms a rectifying contact with low forward voltage drop and fast switching speed.
1. Low forward voltage drop
2. High current capability
3. High reliability
4. High surge current capability
5. Epitaxial construction
1. Case: Molded plastic
2. Epoxy: UL 94V-0 rate flame retardant
3. Lead: Axial leads, solder able per MIL-STD-202, method 208 guaranteed
4. Polarity: Color band denotes cathode end
5. Mounting position: Any
6. Weight: 1.10grams
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Maximum Recurrent Peak Reverse Voltage: 40 V
2. Maximum RMS Voltage: 28 V
3. Maximum Voltage: 40 V
4. Maximum Average Forward Rectified Current: 5A
5. Operating Temperature: Tj = -65 ~ 125°C
6. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -65 ~ +150°C