Part Number: 25N120ND, IXGH25N120ND
Function: 1200V, 50A, High Speed IGBT
Package: TO-247AD Type
Manufacturer: IXYS Corporation
25N120ND is 1200V, 50A, High Speed IGBT. IGBT stands for Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor. It is a type of power semiconductor device that combines the advantages of bipolar transistors (high voltage and current handling capability) and field-effect transistors (fast switching and low on-state resistance).
They are also used in applications where high voltage and high current are required, such as in welding equipment and induction heating.
An IGBT consists of a P-N-P-N structure with an insulated gate, which is used to control the flow of current between the emitter and collector terminals. When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it creates a conducting channel between the emitter and collector, allowing current to flow.
When the gate voltage is removed, the channel is turned off, and the IGBT becomes an open switch.
These advantages include high voltage and current handling capability, fast switching speed, low switching losses, and low on-state resistance.
1. International standard package JEDEC TO-247 AD
2. 2nd generation HDMOSTM process
3. Low VCE(sat) – for low on-state conduction losses
4. MOS Gate turn-on – drive simplicity
1. AC motor speed control l DC servo and robot drives
2. DC choppers
3. Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) l Switch-mode and resonant-mode power supplies
4. Capacitor discharge systems
5. Solid state relays