Marking : 25Q16BVSIG, Ordering Number : W25Q16BVSSIG
Function: 16M-BIT SERIAL FLASH MEMORY WITH DUAL AND QUAD SPI
Package : SOIC-8 208mil type
The 25Q16BVSIG (16M-bit) Serial Flash memory provides a storage solution for systems with limited space, pins and power. The 25Q series offers flexibility and performance well beyond ordinary Serial Flash devices. They are ideal for code shadowing to RAM, executing code directly from Dual/Quad SPI (XIP) and storing voice, text and data. The devices operate on a single 2.7V to 3.6V power supply with current consumption as low as 4mA active and 1μA for power-down. All devices are offered in spacesaving packages.
Serial flash memory is commonly used in a wide range of applications, including consumer electronics, automotive systems, and industrial and medical devices, due to its compact size, low power consumption, and fast read and write speeds. Some popular serial flash memory products include the Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) NOR Flash and the Three-wire Serial NOR Flash.
Additionally, serial flash memory is also commonly used as a bootable medium for microcontrollers, single-board computers, and other embedded systems, as it provides a convenient and reliable storage solution for system firmware and bootloader images.
1. Highest Performance Serial Flash
(1) Up to 8X that of ordinary Serial Flash
(2) 104MHz clock operation
(3) 208MHz equivalent Dual SPI
(4) 416MHz equivalent Quad SPI
(5) 50MB/S continuous data transfer rate
2. Flexible Architecture with 4KB sectors
(1) Uniform Sector Erase (4K-bytes)
(2) Block Erase (32K and 64K-bytes)
(3) Program one to 256 bytes
(4) More than 100,000 erase/write cycles
(5) More than 20-year data retention
25Q16BVSIG Datasheet PDF