Part Number: 2SA1117
Function: 200V, 17A, PNP TRANSISTOR
Package: TO-3 Type
Manufacturer: SavantIC Semiconductor
Image and Pinouts:
The 2SA1117 is 200V, Silicon PNP Power Transistor.
A PNP transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) with a different structure and polarity compared to an NPN transistor. Here are five characteristics of PNP transistors:
1. Structure :
A PNP transistor has a sandwich-like structure, consisting of a thin P-type layer (base) sandwiched between two N-type layers (emitter and collector).
2. Polarity :
In a PNP transistor, the majority charge carriers are holes, which flow from the emitter to the collector. The emitter is negative relative to the base, and the collector is positive relative to the base.
3. Current flow :
When a small current is applied to the base terminal, it allows a much larger current to flow from the emitter to the collector. This is called amplification or gain, and it makes the PNP transistor useful as an electronic switch or amplifier.
1. CollectorEmitter Breakdown Voltage : V(BR)CEO= 200V(Min.)
2. High Power D issipation
3. Complement to T ype 2SC2608
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = – 200 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = – 200 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = – 6 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = – 17 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 200 W ( Tc=25°C )
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -65 ~ +150°C
1. AUDIO POWER AMPLIFIER DC TO DC CONVERTER
2SA1117 Datasheet PDF Download
Other data sheets are available within the file: A1117