Part Number: 2SA1273
Function: -2A, -30V, PNP Transistor
Package: TO-92MOD Type
Image and Pinouts:
The 2SA1273 is -30V, -2A, Silicon PNP Transistor.
A PNP transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) with a different structure and polarity compared to an NPN transistor. Here are five characteristics of PNP transistors:
1. Structure : A PNP transistor has a sandwich-like structure, consisting of a thin N-type layer (base) sandwiched between two P-type layers (emitter and collector).
2. Polarity : In a PNP transistor, the majority charge carriers are holes, which flow from the emitter to the collector. The emitter is negative relative to the base, and the collector is positive relative to the base.
3. Current flow : When a small current is applied to the base terminal, it allows a much larger current to flow from the emitter to the collector. This is called amplification or gain, and it makes the PNP transistor useful as an electronic switch or amplifier.
4. Voltage levels : The voltage levels in a PNP transistor are opposite to those in an NPN transistor. In a NPN transistor, the base-emitter junction is forward-biased and the collector-base junction is reverse-biased.
5. Biasing : PNP transistors are biased in the opposite direction to NPN transistors. To turn on a PNP transistor, the base must be more negative than the emitter, and to turn it off, the base must be more positive than the emitter.
1. Silicon PNP Transistor Epitaxial Planar Type
2. Complementary to 2SC3205 and 3 Watts Output Applications.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta = 25°C )
1. Collector-Base Voltage: Vcbo = -30V
2. Collector-Emitter Voltage: Vceo = -30V
3. Emitter-Base Voltage: Vebo = -5V
4. Collector Current: Ic = -2A
5. Emitter Current : Ib = 2 A
6. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 1 W
7. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
8. Storage Temperature : Tstg = -55 ~ 150°C
1. Audio Power Amplifier
Other data sheets are available within the file: A1273