Part Number : 30G124, GT30G124
Function : Discrete IGBT – 30G124 ~ 30F125
Manufacturers : Toshiba
Applications : Plasma display panels
Features of the Toshiba Discrete IGBTs
The Toshiba discrete IGBTs are available in high-voltage and high-current ratings. They are used in inverter and power conversion circuits for such diverse applications as motor drivers, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems, IH cookers, plasma display panels (PDPs), strobe flashes and so on.
(1) IGBTs also featuring fast switching
(2) Low collector-emitter saturation voltage even in the large current area
(3) IGBTs featuring a built-in diode with optimal characteristics tailored to specific applications
(4) High input impedance allows voltage drives
(5) Available in a variety of packages
The basic structure of the planar IGBT consists of four layers (pnpn), as shown in the following figure.
Low saturation voltage is achieved by using a pnp transistor to allow conductivity modulation during conduction.