Part Number : 6N137
Function : Optocoupler / Optoisolator
Package : DIP 8 Pin Type
Manufacturers : Texas Instruments
The 6N137 optocoupler is designed for use in high-speed digital interfacing applications that require high-voltage isolation between the input and output. Applications include line receivers, microporcessors or computer interface, digital programming of floating power supplies, motors, and other control systems.
The device high-speed optocoupler consists of a GaAsP light-emitting diode and an integrated light detector composed of a photodiode, a high-gain amplifier, and a Schottky-clamped open-collector output transistor. An input diode forward current of 5 milliamperes will switch the output transistor low, providing an on-state drive current of 13 milliamperes (eight 1.6-milliampere TTL loads). A TTL-compatible enable input is provided for applications that require output-transistor gating. The IC is characterized for operation over the temperature range of 0°C to 70°C.
1. Gallium Arsenide Phosphide LED Optically Coupled to Integrated Circuit Detector
2. Compatible with TTL and LSTTL Inputs
3. Low Input Current Required to Turn Output On . . . 5 mA Max
4. High-Voltage Electrical Isolation . . . 3000 V DC Min
5. High-Speed Switching . . . 75 ns Max
6. Plastic Dual-In-Line Package
6N137 Datasheet PDF Download
Other data sheets within the file : 6N-137