What is 74HC157?
It is a high-speed CMOS quad 2-input multiplexer IC (integrated circuit). It is designed to select one of four binary data inputs and route it to a single output, based on the select input signals.
The key features of the 74HC157 include:
1. High-speed operation: Capable of operating at high speeds, making it suitable for use in applications that require fast data switching.
2. Low power consumption: The IC operates at a low power supply voltage and consumes relatively low power, making it ideal for battery-powered devices.
3. High noise immunity: The IC is designed with high noise immunity, which makes it less susceptible to noise and interference from other electronic components.
Part Number: 74HC157
Function: High-Speed CMOS Logic Quad 2-Input Multiplexer
Package: DIP, SOIC 16 Pin
Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
The 74HC157, 74HCT157, 74HC158, and 74HCT158 are quad 2-input multiplexers which select four bits of data from two sources under the control of a common Select input (S).
The Enable input (E) is active Low. When (E) is High, all of the outputs in the 158, the inverting type, (1Y-4Y) are forced High and in the 157, the non-inverting type, all of the outputs (1Y-4Y) are forced Low, regardless of all other input conditions.
Moving data from two groups of registers to four common output buses is a common use of these devices. The state of the Select input determines the particular register from
which the data comes. They can also be used as function generators.
It is a versatile IC that offers high speed, low power consumption, and high noise immunity, but may have limited input/output capabilities and susceptibility to ESD damage.
1. Common Select Inputs
2. Separate Enable Inputs
3. Buffered inputs and Outputs
4. Balanced Propagation Delay and Transition Times
5. Significant Power Reduction Compared to LSTTL Logic ICs
1. Limited number of inputs and outputs: Only four inputs and one output, which may not be sufficient for some applications.
2. Susceptibility to electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage: The IC is vulnerable to damage from ESD, which can occur during handling or assembly.
3. Output drive capability: The output drive capability of the 74HC157 may be insufficient for some applications that require high current drive.
74HC157 Datasheet PDF
Other data sheets are available within the file: 74HC157N, 74HCT157, CD54HC157F