Part Number : 8088
Function : 8-bit HMOS microprocessor, 5 MHz
Package : 40-Pin CERDIP Type
Manufacturers : Intel
The Intel 8088 is a high performance microprocessor implemented in N-channel, depletion load, silicon gate technology (HMOS-II), and packaged in a 40-pin CERDIP package.
The processor has attributes of both 8-and 16-bit microprocessors. It is directly compatible with 8086 software and 8080/8085 hardware and peripherals.
Pinout and Block Diagram
1. 8-Bit Data Bus Interface
2. 16-Bit Internal Architecture
3. Direct Addressing Capability to 1 Mbyte of Memory
4. Direct Software Compatibility with 8086 CPU
5. 14-Word by 16-Bit Register Set with Symmetrical Operations
6. 24 Operand Addressing Modes
7. Byte, Word, and Block Operations
8. 8-Bit and 16-Bit Signed and Unsigned Arithmetic in Binary or Decimal, Including Multiply and Divide
Other data sheets within the file : 8088-2