Part Number : 88SM4140
Function : Serial ATA II 1:4 Port Multiplier Solution
Package : 80 pin LQFP ePad
Manufacturers : Marvell Semiconductor
The Marvell 88SM4140 port multipier device offers the industry’s first solution for port expansion.
The Marvell® 88SM4140 Port Multiplier allows one host 3Gb/s SATA port to communicate with up to four devices, including optionally, one SATA Enclosure Management Bridge (SEMB) port.
SEMB gives the host the ability to check parameters such as temperature, fan speed and LEDs using the same SATA connection that is used for data transfer. SEMB, if used, utilizes the fourth port of the Port Multiplier as its device port.
1. 0.15 µm CMOS technology.
2. Supports SATA 1.5 Gbps and SATA 3.0 Gbps communication speed on host and device ports.
3. 1.2V and 3.3V power.
4. 80-pin LQFP ePad package.
5. Phy test mode.
6. Full scan for high production test coverage and Phy self-test.
7. One host port.
8. Four device ports.
9. Supports 20 MHz, 25 MHz, 30 MHz, and 40 MHz reference clocks.
1. Personal computers
2. Entry-level servers
3. Any host with a SATA port
Official Homepage : Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
Other data sheets within the file : 88-SM4140