Part Number: B647, 2SB647
Function: -80V, -1A, PNP Transistor
Package: TO-92MOD Type
Manufacturer: Hitachi Semiconductor
B647 is -80V, -1A, Silicon PNP Epitaxial Transistor. A PNP transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) with a different structure and polarity compared to an NPN transistor.
1. Structure: A PNP transistor has a sandwich-like structure, consisting of a thin N-type layer (base) sandwiched between two P-type layers (emitter and collector).
2. Polarity: In a PNP transistor, the majority charge carriers are holes, which flow from the emitter to the collector. The emitter is negative relative to the base, and the collector is positive relative to the base.
3. Current flow: When a small current is applied to the base terminal, it allows a much larger current to flow from the emitter to the collector. This is called amplification or gain, and it makes the PNP transistor useful as an electronic switch or amplifier.
4. Voltage levels: The voltage levels in a PNP transistor are opposite to those in an NPN transistor. In a NPN transistor, the base-emitter junction is forward-biased and the collector-base junction is reverse-biased.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = – 120 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = – 80 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = – 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = – 1 A
5. Collector Power Dissipation : Pc = 0.9 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. Low frequency power amplifier
2. Complementary pair with 2SD667/A