Part Number: D1886, 2SD1886
Function: NPN Silicon Transistor
Package: TO-3PML type
Manufacturer: Sanyo Semicon Device
D1886 is 800V, 8A, NPN Triple Diffused Planar Silicon Transistor. A NPN transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two n-type semiconductor materials separated by a single p-type material.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage : Vcbo = 1500V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage : Vceo = 800V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage : Vebo = 6V
4. Collector Current : Ic = 8A
5. Total Dissipation : Pc = 70W
6. Junction Temperature : Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperatue : Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. Color TV horizontal diflection output.
2. Color display horizontal deflection output.
1. High speed (tf=100ns).
2. High breakdown voltage (VCBO=1500V).
3. High reliability (adoption of HVP process)
Characteristics of NPN Transistors:
1. Bipolar Junction: NPN transistors are bipolar junction transistors (BJT), meaning they have a structure consisting of three regions of alternating P-type and N-type semiconductors.
2. Current Amplification: NPN transistors are designed to amplify electrical current, and can be used in a wide range of electronic applications such as amplifiers, switches, and oscillators.
3. Forward Biased: In order to operate, the base-emitter junction of an NPN transistor must be forward biased, meaning that the base must be connected to a positive voltage relative to the emitter.