Part Number : FAN301, FAN301U, FAN301MY
Function : PWM Controller for Low Standby Power Charger Applications
Package : SO 8 Pin type
Manufactures : Fairchild Semiconductor
This highly integrated PWM controller, FAN301, FAN301U provides features to enhance the performance of lowpower flyback converters. The proprietary topology enables simplified circuit design for battery charger applications. A low-cost, smaller, and lighter charger is the result, compared to a conventional design or a linear transformer.
To minimize standby power consumption, a proprietary green-mode function provides off-time modulation to linearly decrease PWM frequency under light-load conditions. This green mode assists the power supply in meeting power conservation requirements.
1. Ultra-Low Standby Power Under 20mW at 264VAC
2. Constant-Current (CC) Control without Secondary-Feedback Circuitry
3. Green Mode: PWM Frequency Linearly Decreasing
4. Fixed PWM Frequency at 45kHz with Frequency Hopping to Solve EMI Problems
5. High-Voltage Startup
6. Low Operating Current: 3mA
7. Peak-Current-Mode Control in CV Mode