Part Number: K12A50D, K12A500, 102020
Function: 500V, 12A, N-Channel MOSFET
Package: TO-220 Type
Manufacturer: Toshiba Semiconductor
The K12A500 is 500V, 12A, N-Channel MOSFET. N-channel MOSFETs are widely used in a variety of electronic applications due to their high input impedance, fast switching speeds, and low power consumption. They are commonly used as switches, amplifiers, and voltage regulators.
An N-channel MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) is a type of field effect transistor (FET) that uses an N-type semiconductor material as the conducting channel to control the flow of current.
When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it attracts electrons to the channel, creating an inversion layer and allowing current to flow between the source and drain terminals.
1. Low drain-source ON-resistance: RDS (ON) = 0.45 Ω (typ.)
2. High forward transfer admittance: |Yfs| = 6.0 S (typ.)
3. Low leakage current: IDSS = 10 μA (max) (VDS = 500 V)
4. Enhancement mode: Vth = 2.0 to 4.0 V (VDS = 10 V, ID = 1 mA)
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 500 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 30 V
3. Drain current: ID = 12 A
4. Drain peak current : ID(pulse) = 48 A
5. Drain power dissipation : Pd = 45 W
6. Single pulse avalanche energy : Eas = 365 mJ
7. Channel temperature: Tch = 150°C
8. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
1. Switching Regulator