This is one of the types of MOSFETs and is a kind of transistor.
Part Number: K12A50D, TK12A50D
Function: 500V, 12A, N-Channel MOSFET
Package: TO-220 Type
Manufacturer: Toshiba Semiconductor
The K12A50D is 500V, 12A, Silicon N-Channel MOSFET. An N-channel MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) is a type of field effect transistor (FET) that uses an N-type semiconductor material as the conducting channel to control the flow of current.
N-channel MOSFETs are widely used in a variety of electronic applications due to their high input impedance, fast switching speeds, and low power consumption. They are commonly used as switches, amplifiers, and voltage regulators.
1. Low drain-source ON-resistance: RDS (ON) = 0.45 Ω (typ.)
2. High forward transfer admittance: |Yfs| = 6.0 S (typ.)
3. Low leakage current: IDSS = 10 μA (max) (VDS = 500 V)
4. Enhancement mode: Vth = 2.0 to 4.0 V (VDS = 10 V, ID = 1 mA)
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 500 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 30 V
3. Drain current: ID = 12 A
4. Drain power dissipation : PD = 45 W
5. Single pulse avalanche energy : Eas = 364 mJ
6. Avalanche curren : Iar = 12 A
7. Repetitive avalanche energy : Ear = 4.5 mJ
8. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
9. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
1. Switching Regulator