Part Number: L487
Function: Very Low Drop 5V Voltage Regulator
Package: Pentawatt 5 Pin Type
The L487 is a monolithic integrated circuit in pentawatt package specially designed to provide a stabilized supply voltage for automotive and industrial electronics system.
Thanks to its very low voltage drop in automotive applications the L487 can work correctly even during the cranking phase, when the battery voltage could fall as low as 6V. Furthermore, it incorporates a complete range of protection circuits against the dangerous overvoltages always present on the battery rail of the car.
1. PRECISE OUTPUT VOLTAG E (5V ± 4% )
2. VERY LOW DROPOUT VOLTAGE
3. OUTPUT CURRENT IN EXCESS OF 500mA
4. POWER-ON, POWER-OF F INFOR MATION ( RESET FUNCTI ON)
5. +80/–80V LOAD DUMP PROTECTION
6. OVERVOLTAGE AND REVERSE VOLTAGE PROTECTION