Part Number: UP6182
Function: Dual Synchronous Buck Controller
Package: VQFN 24L Type
Manufacturer: uPI Semiconductor
UP6182 Dual Synchronous Buck Controller with 5V/3.3V 100mA LDOs for Notebook System Power General Description The uP6182 is a dual synchronous buck controller with 5V/3.3V 100mA LDOs for notebook system power supply solution. A 250kHz VCLK output can be used for external charge pump to generate gate drive voltage for load switches. The uP6182 supports high efficiency, fast transient response and a combined power-good signal. The out of audio mode maintains the switching frequency above audio frequency, which eliminates noise in audio applications. The adaptive on-time control provides a convenient and efficient operation.
The uP6182 has internal soft-start to control the inrush current. The soft-stop feature avoids negative output voltage for undervoltage protection, overcurrent protection, and shutdown by discharging output through an internal switch, and by damping the inductor current. Supply input voltages ranging from 5.5V to 26V and output voltages from 2V to 5.5V. Other features include overcurrent protection, overvoltage protection, power-up sequencing, power OK output, and thermal shutdown.
1. Wide Input Voltage Range: 5.5V to 26V
2. Two Synchronous Buck Controllers
(1) Output Voltage Range: 2V to 5.5V
(2) Selectable Audio Mode in Light Load
(3) Internal 1.6ms Output Voltage Softstart
(4) Adaptive On Time Control Architecture
1. Notebook and Subnotebook System Power Supplies
2. 3-4 Cell Li-Ion Battery-Power Devices
3. Dual Output Supplies for DSP, Memory, Logic and Microprocessor