Part Number : AD6642
Function : Dual IF Receiver
Package : 144-ball SP_BGA Type
Manufacturers : Analog Devices
The AD6642 is an 11-bit, 200 MSPS, dual-channel intermediate frequency (IF) receiver specifically designed to support multi antenna systems in telecommunication applications where high dynamic range performance, low power, and small size are desired. The device consists of two highperformance analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and noise shaping requantizer (NSR) digital
blocks. Each ADC consists of a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. The ADC features a wide bandwidth switched-capacitor sampling network within the first stage of the differential pipeline. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
1. Two ADCs are contained in a small, space-saving, 10 mm × 10 mm × 1.4 mm, 144-ball SP_BGA package.
2. Pin selectable noise shaping requantizer (NSR) function that allows for improved SNR within a reduced bandwidth of up to 60 MHz at 185 MSPS.
3. LVDS digital output interface configured for low cost FPGA families.
4. 120 mW per ADC core power consumption.
5. Operation from a single 1.8 V supply.
6. Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting(offset binary or twos complement), NSR, power-down,test modes, and voltage reference mode.
7. On-chip integer 1-to-8 input clock divider and multichip sync function to support a wide range of clocking schemes and multichannel subsystems.
11-bit, 200 MSPS output data rate per channel
Integrated noise shaping requantizer (NSR)
Performance with NSR enabled
SNR: 75.5 dBFS in 40 MHz band to 70 MHz @ 185 MSPS
SNR: 73.7 dBFS in 60 MHz band to 70 MHz @ 185 MSPS
Performance with NSR disabled
SNR: 66.5 dBFS to 70 MHz @ 185 MSPS
SFDR: 83 dBc to 70 MHz @ 185 MSPS
Low power: 0.62 W @ 185 MSPS
1.8 V analog supply operation
1.8 V LVDS (ANSI-644 levels) output
1-to-8 integer clock divider
Internal ADC voltage reference
1.75 V p-p analog input range (programmable to 2.0 V p-p)
Differential analog inputs with 800 MHz bandwidth
95 dB channel isolation/crosstalk
Serial port control
User-configurable built-in self-test (BIST) capability
Energy-saving power-down modes
Diversity radio and smart antenna (MIMO) systems
Multimode digital receivers (3G)
WCDMA, LTE, CDMA2000
I/Q demodulation systems
General-purpose software radios
Other data sheets within the file : AD6642BBCZ, AD6642BBCZRL, AD6642EBZ