Part Number: AD6642
Function: Dual IF Receiver
Package: 144-ball SP_BGA Type
Manufacturer: Analog Devices
The AD6642 is an 11-bit, 200 MSPS, dual-channel intermediate frequency (IF) receiver specifically designed to support multi antenna systems in telecommunication applications where high dynamic range performance, low power, and small size are desired. The device consists of two highperformance analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and noise shaping requantizer (NSR) digital
blocks. Each ADC consists of a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. The ADC features a wide bandwidth switched-capacitor sampling network within the first stage of the differential pipeline. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS :
1. Two ADCs are contained in a small, space-saving, 10 mm × 10 mm × 1.4 mm, 144-ball SP_BGA package.
2. Pin selectable noise shaping requantizer (NSR) function that allows for improved SNR within a reduced bandwidth of up to 60 MHz at 185 MSPS.
3. LVDS digital output interface configured for low cost FPGA families.
4. 120 mW per ADC core power consumption.
5. Operation from a single 1.8 V supply.
6. Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting(offset binary or twos complement), NSR, power-down,test modes, and voltage reference mode.
7. On-chip integer 1-to-8 input clock divider and multichip sync function to support a wide range of clocking schemes and multichannel subsystems.
1. 11-bit, 200 MSPS output data rate per channel
2. Integrated noise shaping requantizer (NSR)
3. Performance with NSR disabled
4. Low power: 0.62 W @ 185 MSPS
5. 1-to-8 integer clock divider
6. Internal ADC voltage reference
7. 1.75 V p-p analog input range (programmable to 2.0 V p-p)
8. Differential analog inputs with 800 MHz bandwidth
9. User-configurable built-in self-test (BIST) capability
10. Energy-saving power-down modes
2. Diversity radio and smart antenna (MIMO) systems
3. Multimode digital receivers (3G)
4. I/Q demodulation systems
5. General-purpose software radios
Other data sheets are available within the file: AD6642BBCZ, AD6642BBCZRL, AD6642EBZ