Part Number: AD8318
Function: 1 MHz to 8 GHz, 70 dB, Logarithmic Detector/Controller
Package: 16-Lead Lead Frame Chip Scale Package [LFCSP_VQ] Type
Manufacturer: Analog Devices
This is an integrated logarithmic amplifier manufactured by Analog Devices. It is designed for use in RF and microwave applications, where it can be used to accurately measure the power of high-frequency signals.
The device features a logarithmic amplifier that converts an input signal’s power level into a proportional voltage output.
The AD8318 is a demodulating logarithmic amplifier, capableof accurately converting an RF input signal to a correspondingdecibel-scaled output voltage. It employs the progressive compression technique over a cascaded amplifier chain, each stage of which is equipped with a detector cell. The device is used in measurement or controller mode. The AD8318 maintains accurate log conformance for signals of 1 MHz to 6 GHz and provides useful operation to 8 GHz. The input range is typically 60 dB (re: 50 Ω) with error less than ±1 dB.
The AD8318 has a 10 ns response time that enables RF burst detection to beyond 45 MHz. The device provides unprece dented logarithmic intercept stability vs. ambient temperature conditions. A 2 mV/°C slope temperature sensor output is also provided for additional system monitoring. A single supply of 5 V is required. Current consumption is typically 68 mA. Power consumption decreases to <1.5 mW when the device is disabled.
1. Wide bandwidth: 1 MHz to 8 GHz
2. High accuracy: ±1.0 dB over 55 dB range (f < 5.8 GHz)
3. Stability over temperature: ±0.5 dB
4. Low noise measurement/controller output (VOUT)
5. Pulse response time: 10 ns/12 ns (fall/rise)
6. Integrated temperature sensor
7. Small footprint LFCSP
8. Power-down feature: <1.5 mW at 5 V
9. Single-supply operation: 5 V @ 68 mA
10. Fabricated using high speed SiGe process
1. RF transmitter PA setpoint control and level monitoring
2. RSSI measurement in base stations, WLAN, WiMAX, and radars
Other data sheets are available within the file:
AD8318-EVALZ, AD8318ACPZ-R2, AD8318ACPZ-REEL7, AD8318ACPZ-WP