Part Number: ADC0804, ADC0804LCN
Function : 8 BIT UP COMPATIBLE A/D CONVERTERS
Package: DIP 20 Pin
Manufacturer: National Semiconductor
The ADC0801, ADC0802, ADC0803, ADC0804 and ADC0805 are CMOS 8-bit successive approximation A/D converters that use a differential potentiometric ladder—similar to the 256R products. These onverters are designed to allow operation with the NSC800 and INS8080A derivative control bus with TRI-STATE output latches directly driving the data bus. These A/Ds appear like memory locations or I/O ports to the microprocessor and no interfacing logic is needed.
Differential analog voltage inputs allow increasing the common-mode rejection and offsetting the analog zero input voltage value. In addition, the voltage reference input can be adjusted to allow encoding any smaller analog voltage span to the full 8 bits of resolution.
1. Compatible with 8080 μP derivatives—no interfacing logic needed – access time – 135 ns
2. Easy interface to all microprocessors, or operates “stand alone”
3. Differential analog voltage inputs
4. Logic inputs and outputs meet both MOS and TTL voltage level specifications
5. Works with 2.5V (LM336) voltage reference
6. On-chip clock generator
7. 0V to 5V analog input voltage range with single 5V supply
8. No zero adjust required