This is a kind of audio codec.
Part Number : ALC887, ALC887-GR
Function : 7.1 CHANNEL HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODEC
Package : LQFP-48 Type
Manufactures : Realtek Semiconductor ( www.realtek.com.tw )
See the preview image and the PDF file for more information.
The ALC887 is a 7.1 Channel High Definition Audio Codec with two independent SPDIF outputs. Featuring eight channels of DAC support 7.1 sound playback, and integrates two stereo ADC that can support a stereo microphone, and feature Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) for voice applications. ALC887 is designed not only to meet the premium audio performance requirements in current WLP3.10 (Windows Logo Program), but provides better characteristics for future WLP. That brings user real high fidelity of sound quality.
1. Meets premium audio requirements for Microsoft WLP 3.10
2. Meets stricter performance requirements for future WLP
3. High-performance DACs with 97dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), ADCs with 90dB SNR
4. Four stereo DACs (8 channels) support 16/20/24-bit PCM format for 7.1 sound playback.
5. Two stereo ADCs (4 channels) support 16/20/24-bit PCM format recording simultaneously
6. All DACs supports 16/20/24-bit, 44.1k/48k/96k/192kHz sample rate
1. Meets Microsoft WLP 3.10 and future WLP audio requirements
2. WaveRT based audio function driver for Windows Vista
3. EAX 1.0 & 2.0 compatible, especially the EAX effect is supported in Windows Vista
4. Direct Sound 3D™ compatible
5. Emulation of 26 sound environments to enhance gaming experience
6. Multi bands of software equalizer and tool are provided
7. Voice Cancellation and Key Shifting effect
Official Homepage : http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/
Reference Site : OS X Realtek ALC887 Onboard Audio ( https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC887 )