What is AM28F512A?
This is a type of flash memory device produced by AMD (now Spansion). It has a capacity of 512 kilobits (Kb) or 64 kilobytes (KB) and is organized as 64 kilobytes of 8-bit data. Flash memory is a type of non-volatile memory that can retain data even when power is removed.
The AM28F512A flash memory device is designed for use in a variety of electronic systems, including embedded systems, computer peripherals, and automotive applications. It has a fast access time and a low power consumption, making it suitable for use in battery-powered devices.
Function: 512 Kilobit (64 K x 8-Bit) CMOS 12.0 Volt, Bulk Erase Flash Memory
Package: DIP, PLCC, TSOP 32 Pin Type
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices
The Am28F512A is a 512 Kbit Flash memory organized as 64 Kbytes of 8 bits each. AMD’s Flash memories offer the most cost-effective and reliable read/write non- volatile random access memory. It is packaged in 32-pin PDIP, PLCC, and TSOP versions. It is designed to be reprogrammed and erased in-system or in standard EPROM programmers. The Am28F512A is erased when shipped from the factory. The standard Am28F512A offers access times as fast as 70 ns, allowing operation of high-speed microprocessors without wait states. To eliminate bus contention, It has separate chip enable (CE#) and output enable (OE#) controls.
1. High performance
(1) 70 ns maximum access time
2. CMOS low power consumption
(1) 30 mA maximum active current
(2) 100 μA maximum standby current
(3) No data retention power consumption
3. Embedded Erase Electrical Bulk Chip-Erase
(1) Two seconds typical chip-erase including pre-programming
4. Embedded Program
(1) 4 μs typical byte-program including time-out
(2) One second typical chip program
5. Command register architecture for microprocessor/microcontroller compatible write interface
6. On-chip address and data latches
Other data sheets are available within the file: AM28F512, AM28F512-120EC, AM28F512-120ECB,
AM28F512-120EE, AM28F512-120EEB, AM28F512-120EI