Part Number: AR8031
Function: Ultra low-power 10/100/1000 RGMII/SGMII Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver
Package: 48-pin QFN type
Manufacturer: QUALCOMM, Atheros
The AR8031 is part of the Arctic family of PHYs – which includes the AR8030, AR8033, and AR8031.
The AR8031 is Qualcomm 4th generation, single port, 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet PHY. It supports both RGMII and SGMII interfaces to the MAC. The AR8031 provides a low-power, low BOM (bill-of-materials) cost solution for a wide range of applications, including enterprise, carrier and home networks, SFP modules and media converters. The AR8031 supports both Sync-E and IEEE1588-V2 timing protcols.
The AR8031 device incorporates a 1.25 GHz SERDES which can be connected directly to fiber-optic transceivers for 1000 Base-X/100 Base-FX mode.
1. SGMII and RGMII MAC interface support
2. Atheros ETHOS-Designed Green Ethernet (EDGE™) power-saving technology
3. Fiber support to 1000Base-X and 100Base-FX with fault detect
4. Integrated MDI termination resistors
5. Full IEEE 802.3az support
6. Atheros proprietary SmartEEE support
7. Wake-on-LAN (WOL)
8. Jumbo frame support up to 10 kb full duplex
9. Synchronous-Ethernet support with recovered clock output
10. Complete IEEE 1588 V2 support
11. Single 3.3V supply
1. 10/100/1000Base-T IEEE 802.3 compliant
2. Supports 1000Base-T PCS and auto-negotiation with next page support
3. Supports RGMII and/or SGMII interfaces to MAC devices
4. Supports Fiber and Copper combo mode when MAC interface works in RGMII mode