Part Number: AR9344-DC3A
Function: IEEE 802.11n 2×2 2.4/5 GHz Premium SoC
Package: 409-pin BGA Type
The Atheros AR9344-DC3A is a highly integrated and feature-rich IEEE 802.11n 2×2 2.4/5 GHz Systemon-a-Chip (SoC) for advanced WLAN platforms. It includes a MIPS 74Kc processor, PCI Express 1.1 Root Complex and Endpoint interfaces, five port IEEE 802.3 Fast Ethernet Switch with MAC/ PHY, one MII/RMII/RGMII interface, one USB 2.0 MAC/PHY, and external memory interface for serial Flash, SDRAM, DDR1 or DDR2, I2S/ SPDIF-Out audio interface, SLIC VOIP/PCM interface, two UARTs, and GPIOs that can be used for LED controls or other general purpose interface configurations.
The AR9344-DC3A supports 802.11n operations up to 144 Mbps for 20 MHz and 300 Mbps for 40 MHz respectively, and 802.11a/b/g data rates. Additional features include Maximal Likelihood (ML) decoding, Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC), Maximal Ratio Combining (MRC), Tx Beamforming (TxBF), and On-Chip One-Time Programmable (OTP) memory.
1. 74Kc MIPS processor with 64 KB I-Cache and 32 KB D-Cache, operating at up to 533 MHz
2. External 16- or 32-bit DDR1, DDR2 operating at up to 200 MHz (400 M transfers/sec), or 16-
bit SDRAM memory interface operating at up to 200 MHz
3. NAND and SPI NOR Flash memory support
4. 10/100 Ethernet Switch with five IEEE 802.3 Ethernet LAN ports
5. MII/RMII/RGMII interface
6. 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet compliant
7. Hardware-based NAT & ACL accelerators for Ethernet interface