Part Number: B1412, 2SB1412
Function: – 20V, – 5A, PNP Transistor
Package: CPT3, SC-63 Type
The B1412 is Epitaxial planar type PNP silicon transistor. A PNP transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) with a different structure and polarity compared to an NPN transistor.
1. Structure: A PNP transistor has a sandwich-like structure, consisting of a thin N-type layer (base) sandwiched between two P-type layers (emitter and collector).
2. Polarity: In a PNP transistor, the majority charge carriers are holes, which flow from the emitter to the collector. The emitter is negative relative to the base, and the collector is positive relative to the base.
3. Current flow: When a small current is applied to the base terminal, it allows a much larger current to flow from the emitter to the collector. This is called amplification or gain, and it makes the PNP transistor useful as an electronic switch or amplifier.
1. Low VCE(sat). VCE(sat) = −0.35V (Typ.) (IC/IB = −4A / −0.1A)
2. Excellent DC current gain characteristics.
3. Complements the 2SD2118.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = – 30 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = – 20 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = – 6 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = – 5 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 1 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C