What is BC547?
This is a general-purpose NPN bipolar junction transistor (BJT) commonly used in electronic circuits. It is designed for low-power applications and has a voltage rating of 45V and a maximum current rating of 100mA. The BC547 is housed in a small TO-92 package and is widely used in applications such as signal amplification, switching, and oscillator circuits.
Function : NPN General Purpose Amplifier
Package : TO 92 type
Manufacturer: Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation, a semiconductor manufacturing company, was acquired by ON Semiconductor Corporation on September 18, 2016.
The BC547 is a general-purpose NPN BJT with a voltage rating of 45V and a maximum current rating of 100mA. It has a low collector-emitter saturation voltage, which reduces power loss and improves efficiency. This device is designed for use as general purpose amplifiers and switches requiring collector currents to 300 mA. Sourced from Process 10. See PN100A for characteristics.
1. Switching and Amplifier
2. Collector-Base Voltage : Vcbo = 50V
3. Collector-Emitter Voltage : Vceo =45V
4. Emitter-Base Voltage: Vebo = 6V
5. Collector Current (DC) : Ic = 100mA
1. The BC547 is designed for low-power applications and may not be suitable for high-power circuits.
2. Its maximum current rating of 100mA may be too low for some applications.
3. It has a relatively low maximum voltage rating of 45V, which may limit its use in some circuits.