This is one of the most commonly used NPN transistor types.
Part Number: BC547
Function: 45V, 100mA, NPN Transistor
Package: SOT54, SC-43A, TO-92 Type
Manufacturer: Philips, NXP Semiconductors.
For additional details, please refer to the preview image and the accompanying PDF file.
What is BC547?
This is a maximum voltage rating of 45V and a maximum current rating of 100mA, NPN general-purpose transistors in small plastic packages.
The BC547 is a general-purpose NPN bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that is commonly used in electronic circuits due to its low cost and wide availability.
While the BC547 is a great transistor for many applications, there are also other parts available that have different characteristics and may be better suited for specific circuits. For example, the BC548 is a similar transistor to the BC547, but it has a higher voltage rating of 30V. The BC549 is another similar transistor, but it has a lower noise figure and higher gain than the BC547. The 2N2222 and 2N3904 are also commonly used transistors that can be used as replacements for the BC547 in many circuits.
1. Low current
2. Low voltage
3. Three different gain selections
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 50 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 45 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 6 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 100 mA
5. Total Power Dissipation : Ptot = 500 mW
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -65 ~ +150°C
1. General-purpose switching and amplification
Here are four frequently asked questions about the BC547 transistor:
1. What are some common applications of the transistor?
The transistor is commonly used in amplifier circuits, switching circuits, and oscillator circuits. It is also used in voltage regulator circuits and as a general-purpose transistor in a wide variety of electronic circuits.
2. What are some similar parts to the transistor?
Some similar parts to the BC547 transistor include the BC548, BC549, 2N2222, and
2N3904. These transistors have similar specifications and can be used as replacements for the BC547 in many electronic circuits.
Other data sheets are available within the file: BC547A, BC547B, BC547C, BC847, C547
BC547 Datasheet PDF
Frequently used NPN transistors:
1. 2N3904: This is a general-purpose NPN transistor
2. BC547: This is another general-purpose NPN transistor
3. BC337: This is a general-purpose NPN transistor
4. PN2222: This is another general-purpose NPN transistor
5. BC548: This is eneral-purpose NPN transistor