This is one of the most commonly used NPN transistor types.
Part Number: BC549
Function: 30V, 100mA, NPN Transistor
Package: TO-92 Type
Manufacturer: ON Semiconductor
For additional details, please refer to the preview image and the accompanying PDF file.
What is BC549?
This is a maximum voltage rating of 30V and a maximum current rating of 100mA, NPN general-purpose transistors in small plastic packages. It is widely used in applications such as signal amplification, switching, and oscillator circuits.
The BC549 is a general-purpose NPN bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that is commonly used in electronic circuits due to its low cost and wide availability.
0. Switching and Amplifier
1. Low current
2. Low voltage
3. Three different gain selections
1. It is a versatile transistor that can be used in a wide range of general-purpose applications.
2. It has a low collector-emitter saturation voltage, which reduces power loss and improves efficiency.
3. Its small TO-92 package makes it easy to use and suitable for applications where space is limited.
1. It is designed for low-power applications and may not be suitable for high-power circuits.
2. Its maximum current rating of 100mA may be too low for some applications.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 30 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 30 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 100 mA
5. Collector Power Dissipation : Pc = 500 mW
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -65 ~ +150°C
1. General-purpose switching and amplification
Q1: What is the difference between the BC547 and BC549 transistors?
A1: The BC549 is similar to the BC547 in many ways, but it has a lower voltage rating of 30V compared to the BC547’s 45V rating. Additionally, the BC549 is typically used in low-power applications, while the BC547 can be used in both low-power and medium-power circuits.
Other data sheets are available within the file: BC546, BC547, BC548, BC550