Part Number: BDX54C
Function: Darington 8A, 100V, PNP Complementary Transistor
Package: TO-220AB Type
Manufacturer: ON Semiconductor
Image and Pinouts:
The BDX54C is Plastic Medium-Power Complementary Silicon PNP Transistor. These devices are designed for general−purpose amplifier and low-speed switching applications.
A PNP transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) with a different structure and polarity compared to an NPN transistor. Here are five characteristics of PNP transistors:
1. High DC Current Gain − hFE= 2500 (Typ) @ IC= 4.0 Adc
2. Collector Emitter Sustaining Voltage −@ 100 mAdc
(1) VCEO(sus)= 80 Vdc (Min) −BDX53B, 54B
(2) VCEO(sus)= 100 Vdc (Min) −BDX53C, 54C
3. Low Collector−Emitter Saturation Voltage −
(1) VCE(sat)= 2.0 Vdc (Max) @ Ic= 3.0 Adc
(2) VCE(sat)= 4.0 Vdc (Max) @ Ic= 5.0 Adc
4. Monolithic Construction with Built−In Base−Emitter Shunt Resistors
5. Structure :
A PNP transistor has a sandwich-like structure, consisting of a thin P-type layer (base) sandwiched between two N-type layers (emitter and collector).
6. Polarity :
In a PNP transistor, the majority charge carriers are holes, which flow from the emitter to the collector. The emitter is negative relative to the base, and the collector is positive relative to the base.
7. Current flow :
When a small current is applied to the base terminal, it allows a much larger current to flow from the emitter to the collector. This is called amplification or gain, and it makes the PNP transistor useful as an electronic switch or amplifier.
Maximum Ratings :
1. Collector-Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 100 Vdc
2. Collector-Base Voltage: Vcbo = 100 Vdc
3. Emitter-Base Voltage: Vebo = 5.0 Vdc
4. Collector Current: Ic = 8 A
5. Total Device Dissipation: Pd = 65 W
BDX54C Datasheet PDF
Other data sheets are available within the file: BDX53B, BDX53BG, BDX53CG, BDX54B, BDX54BG