Part Number: BMP180
Function: Digital Pressure Sensor
The BMP180 is the next-generation of sensors from Bosch, and replaces the BMP085. The good news is that it is completely identical to the BMP085 in terms of firmware/software – you can use our BMP085 tutorial and any example code/libraries as a drop-in replacement. The XCLR pin is not physically present on the BMP180 so if you need to know that data is ready you will need to query the I2C bus.
This board is 5V compliant – a 3.3V regulator and a i2c level shifter circuit is included so you can use this sensor safely with 5V logic and power.
1. Vin: 3 to 5VDC
2. Logic: 3 to 5V compliant
3. Pressure sensing range: 300-1100 hPa (9000m to -500m above sea level)
4. Up to 0.03hPa / 0.25m resolution
5. -40 to +85°C operational range, +-2°C temperature accuracy
6. This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address 0x77.
1. Enhancement of GPS navigation (dead-reckoning, slope detection, etc.)
2. In- and out-door navigation
3. Leisure and sports
4. Weather forecast
5. Vertical velocity indication (rise/sink speed)