Part Number: BTA12-600B, BTA12-600BRG
Function: 12A, 600V Standard Triac
Package: TO-220 type, D2PAK type
Available either in through-hole or surface mount packages, the BTA12, BTB12 and T12xx Triac series are suitable for general purpose mains power AC switching. They can be used as ON/OFF function in applications such as static relays, heating regulation or induction motor starting circuit. They are also recommended for phase control operations in light dimmers and appliance motors speed controllers.
1. Medium current Triac
2. Low thermal resistance with clip bonding
3. Low thermal resistance insulation ceramic for insulated BTA
4. High commutation (4Q) or very high commutation (3Q) capability
5. BTA series UL1557 certified (file ref: 81734)
6. Packages are RoHS (2002/95/EC) compliant
ON/OFF or phase angle function in applications such as static relays, light dimmers and appliance motors speed controllers. The Snubberless versions (BTA/BTB…W and T12 series) are especially recommended for use on inductive loads, because of their high commutation performance. The BTA series provide an insulated tab (rated at 2500 VRMS).
Official Homepage: http://www.st.com/en/thyristors-scr-and-ac-switches/bta12.html