Part Number: C1162, 2SC1162
Function: 35V, 2.5A, NPN Transistor
Package: TO-126 MOD Type
C1162 is Silicon NPN Epitaxial Transistor. A NPN transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two n-type semiconductor materials separated by a single p-type material.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
When a small current is applied to the base, it controls a much larger current between the collector and emitter, making the NPN transistor an effective amplifier or switch.
1. Bipolar Junction: NPN transistors are bipolar junction transistors (BJT), meaning they have a structure consisting of three regions of alternating P-type and N-type semiconductors.
2. Current Amplification: NPN transistors are designed to amplify electrical current, and can be used in a wide range of electronic applications such as amplifiers, switches, and oscillators.
3. Forward Biased: In order to operate, the base-emitter junction of an NPN transistor must be forward biased, meaning that the base must be connected to a positive voltage relative to the emitter.
4. High Input Impedance: NPN transistors have a high input impedance, which means that they are less likely to draw current from the input source, and are therefore less likely to cause a drop in voltage across the source.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 35 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 35 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 2.5 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 0.75 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. Low frequency power amplifier complementary pair with 2SA715