This is one of the transistor types.
Part Number: C1971, 2SC1971
Package: TO-220 Pin type
The C1971 is a silicon NPN epitaxial planar type transistor designed for RF power amplifer on VHF band mobile radio applications.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
1. High power gain : Gpe >= 10dB
2. Emitter ballasted contruction, gold metallization for high reliability and good performances
3. Ability of withstanding more than 20:1 load VSWR when operated at Vcc = 15.2V, Po=6W, f = 175Mhz
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 35 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 17 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 4 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 2 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 1.5 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. 4 to 5 watts output power amplifiers in VHF band applications