Part Number: C4977, 2SC4977
Function: 400V, 7A, NPN Transistor
Package: TO-220F Type
Manufacturer: INCHANGE Semiconductor
C4977 is 400V, 7A, Silicon NPN Power Transistor. A NPN transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two n-type semiconductor materials separated by a single p-type material.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
When a small current is applied to the base, it controls a much larger current between the collector and emitter, making the NPN transistor an effective amplifier or switch.
1. Collector-Emitter Sustaining Voltage: VCEO(SUS)= 400V(Min)
2. Fast Switching Speed
3. Collector-Emitter Saturation Voltage: VCE(sat)= 0.8V(Max.)@ IC= 4.0A
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 450 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 400 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 8 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 7 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 40 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
Designed for use in high-voltage, high-speed , power switching in inductive circuit , they are particularly suited for 115 and 220V switchmode applications such as switching regulator’s, inverters, DC-DC converter.