Part Number: C4242
Function: Switching Power NPN Transistor (400V, 7A)
Package: TO-220AB Type
Manufacturer: Fuji Electric
The C4242 is 400V, 7A, High voltage, high speed switching power transistor.
A NPN transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two p-type semiconductor materials separated by a single n-type material.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
Characteristics of NPN Transistors :
1. Bipolar Junction : NPN transistors are bipolar junction transistors (BJT), meaning they have a structure consisting of three regions of alternating P-type and N-type semiconductors.
2. Current Amplification : NPN transistors are designed to amplify electrical current, and can be used in a wide range of electronic applications such as amplifiers, switches, and oscillators.
3. Forward Biased : In order to operate, the base-emitter junction of an NPN transistor must be forward biased, meaning that the base must be connected to a positive voltage relative to the emitter.
1. High voltage,High speed switching
2. Low saturation voltage
3. High reliability
1. Collector-Base voltage : Vcbo = 450 V
2. Collector-Emitter voltage : Vceo = 400 V
3. Emitter-Base voltage : Vebo = 10 V
4. Collector current : Ic = 7 A
1. Switching regulators
2. DC-DC convertor
3. Solid state relay
4. General purpose power amplifiers
Other data sheets are available within the file: 2SC4242