This 7805 series of fixed-voltage integrated-circuit voltage regulators is designed for a wide range of applications. These applications include on-card regulation for elimination of noise and distribution problems associated with single-point regulation. Each of these regulators can deliver up to 1.5 A of output current. The internal current-limiting and thermal-shutdown features of these regulators essentially make them immune to overload.
In addition to use as fixed-voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable output voltages and currents, and also can be used as the power-pass element in precision regulators.
1. Output current in excess of 1A
2. Internal thermal overload protection
3. No external components required
4. Output transistor safe area protection
5. Internal short circuit current limit
Other data sheets within the file : 7812, 7815, LM7805, LM7812, LM7815