This is a kind of IGBT. The IGBT is insulated-gate bipolar transistor.
PartNumber : 30F126, GT30F126
Manufactuers : Toshiba
Package : TO-220F Type
Description : LCD Plasma common tube TO-220F, IGBT 200A / 330V IGBT
The Toshiba discrete IGBTs are available in high-voltage and high-current ratings. They are used in inverter and power conversion circuits for such diverse applications as motor drivers, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems, IH cookers, plasma display panels (PDPs), strobe flashes and so on.
(1) IGBTs also featuring fast switching
(2) Low collector-emitter saturation voltage even in the large current area
(3) IGBTs featuring a built-in diode with optimal characteristics tailored to specific applications
(4) High input impedance allows voltage drives
(5) Available in a variety of packages
Reference PDF (30F124, 30F125, 30F127, 30F128, 30F131)
Reference Datasheet Download : [ 30F124.pdf ]
On the other hand, the IGBT structure consists of a pnp bipolar transistor and a collector contact made on the p+ layer. The IGBT has a low on-state voltage drop due to conductivity modulation. The following figure shows the VCE(sat) curve of a soft-switching 900-V IGBT. Toshiba has offered IGBTs featuring fast switching by using carrier lifetime control techniques.