Part Number: D1843, 2SD1843
Function: 60V, 1A, NPN Silicon Transistor
Package: TO-126 Type
The D1843 is a Darlington connection transistor with on-chip dumper diode in collector to emitter and zener diode in collector to base. This transistor is ideal for use in acuator drives such as motors, relays, and solenoids.
A NPN transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two n-type semiconductor materials separated by a single p-type material.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
When a small current is applied to the base, it controls a much larger current between the collector and emitter, making the NPN transistor an effective amplifier or switch.
• High DC current gain due to Darlington connection
• High surge resistance due to on-chip protection elements: C to E: Dumper diode C to B: Zener diode
• Low collector saturation voltage
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 60 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 60 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 7 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 1 A
5. Power Total Dissipation: Pt = 1 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperatue: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C