Part Number: DAP005, DAP005TR
Function: Advanced transition-mode PFC controller
Package: SO-14 Pin Type
DAP005 is Advanced transition-mode PFC controller. The device is a current-mode PFC controller operating in Transition Mode (TM). Based on the core of a standard TM PFC controller, it offers improved performance and additional functions.
The highly linear multiplier, along with a special correction circuit that reduces crossover
distortion of the mains current, allows wide-range-mains operation with an extremely low
THD even over a large load range.
A Transition-Mode Power Factor Correction (PFC) controller is a specialized electronic circuit or component used in power supplies and converters to improve power factor and increase the overall efficiency of the power conversion process. Power factor correction is important because it helps reduce the amount of reactive power in an electrical system, which can lead to more efficient energy usage and reduced electricity costs.
1. Transition-mode control of PFC pre-regulators
2. Very precise adjustable output overvoltage protection
3. Tracking boost function
4. Protection against feedback loop failure (Latched shutdown)
5. Interface for cascaded converter’s PWM controller
6. Input voltage feedforward (1/V2)
7. AC brownout protection
1. PFC pre-regulators for:
(1) HI-END AC-DC adapter/charger
(2) Desktop PC, server, WEB serve