Part Number: DRV2605L
Function: Haptic Driver for ERM and LRA with Built-In Library and Smart Loop Architecture
Package: DSBGA (9) , VSSOP (10) Type
Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
The DRV2605L device offers a licensed version of TouchSense 2200 software from Immersion which eliminates the need to design haptic waveforms because the software includes over 100 licensed effects (6 ERM libraries and 1 LRA library) and audio-to-vibe features.
Additionally, the real-time playback mode allows the host processor to bypass the library playback engine and play waveforms directly from the host through I2C.
The smart-loop architecture inside the device allows simple auto-resonant drive for the LRA as well as feedback-optimized ERM drive allowing for automatic overdrive and braking. This architecture creates a simplified input waveform interface as well as reliable motor control and consistent motor performance. The device also features automatic transition to an open-loop system in the event that an LRA actuator is not generating a valid back-EMF voltage. When the LRA generates a valid back-EMF voltage, the device automatically synchronizes with the LRA.
1. Flexible Haptic and Vibration Driver
(1) LRA (Linear Resonance Actuator)
(2) ERM (Eccentric Rotating Mass)
2. I2C-Controlled Digital Playback Engine
(1) Waveform Sequencer and Trigger
(2) Real-Time Playback Mode through I2C
1. Mobile Phones and Tablets
2. Watches and Wearable Technology
3. Remote Controls, Mice, and Peripheral Devices
4. Touch-Enabled Devices
Official Homepage: https://www.ti.com/product/DRV2605L
Other data sheets are available within the file: DRV2605, DRV-2605L