Part Number : EM84520BP
Function : 2-in-one Scrolling Mouse Controller
Package : DIP 16 Pin Type
Manufacturers : ELAN Microelectronics
The EM84520BP Scrolling Mouse Controller is specially designed to control serial mouse or PS/2 mouse device. This single chip can interface three key-switches and 4 X-Y photo-couples plus Z-axis directly to RS-232C or 8042 controller. There are four types Z-axis inputs used to implement scrolling mouse functionality.
1. Using 50kOhm ±1% resistor for RC oscillation.
2. Compatible with legacy PS/2 mouse.
3. Compatible with Microsoft serial scrolling mouse.
4. Compatible with Microsoft PS/2 scrolling mouse.
5. Serial or PS/2 port auto-detect.
6. 100 bytes PnP ID code could be filled by code layer.
7. Built-in noise immunity circuit.
8. The sampiling rate of motion detector is up to 65KHz.
9. Built-in three zener diodes : one in VDD to VSS, two in RTS to VDD.
10. CMOS push-pull RXD output.
11. Built-in current comparator for photo-couples input.
12. Built-in three step dynamic input impedance.
13. Three key-switches and four photo-couples inputs.
14. RTS debouncing circuit included.
15. Photo couple test mode included.
16. Low power dissipation.
17. Six types Z direction input
1. Serial PnP scrolling mouse.
2. PS/2 scrolling mouse.
3. Combo PnP scrolling mouse
Other data sheets within the file : EM84520, EM84520AP, EM84520CP, EM84520DP