This post explains for the IGBT.
The Part Number is FGL40N120AN.
The function of this semiconductor is 1200V NPT IGBT.
The package is TO-264 Type
Manufacturer: Fairchild Semiconductor
Preview images :
FGL40N120AN is 1200V, 64A, IGBT. IGBT stands for Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor. It is a type of power semiconductor device that combines the advantages of bipolar transistors (high voltage and current handling capability) and field-effect transistors (fast switching and low on-state resistance).
They are also used in applications where high voltage and high current are required, such as in welding equipment and induction heating.
An IGBT consists of a P-N-P-N structure with an insulated gate, which is used to control the flow of current between the emitter and collector terminals. When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it creates a conducting channel between the emitter and collector, allowing current to flow.
Employing NPT technology, ON Semiconductor’s AN series of IGBT provides low conduction and switching losses. The AN series offers an solution for application such as induction heating (IH), motor control, general purpose inverters and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS).
1. High speed switching
2. Low saturation voltage : VCE(sat) = 2.6 V @ IC = 40A
3. High input impedance
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Collector to emitter voltage: Vces = 1200 V
2. Gate to emitter voltage: Vges = ± 25 V
3. Collector current : Ic = 64 A (Tc = 25°C)
4. Maximum Power Dissipation: Pd = 500 W (Tc = 25°C)
5. Junction temperature : Tj = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
2. Motion-Industrial motor
3. Other Industrial
4. Uninterruptible Power Supply