This is one of the transistor types. The IGBT is insulated-gate bipolar transistor.
Part Number: G4PC40W
Function: 600V, 40A, INSULATED GATE BIPOLAR TRANSISTOR
Package: TO-247AC Type
Manufacturer: International Rectifier, ( https://www.infineon.com/ )
This is 600V, 40A, IGBT ( INSULATED GATE BIPOLAR TRANSISTOR ).
1. Lower switching losses allow more cost-effective operation than power MOSFETs up to 150 kHz (“hard switched” mode)
2. Of particular benefit to single-ended converters and boost PFC topologies 150W and higher
3. Low conduction losses and minimal minority-carrier recombination make these an excellent option for resonant mode switching as well (up to >>300 kHz)
1. Designed expressly for Switch-Mode Power Supply and PFC (power factor correction) applications
2. Industry-benchmark switching losses improve efficiency of all power supply topologies
3. 50% reduction of Eoff parameter
4. Low IGBT conduction losses
5. Latest-generation IGBT design and construction offers tighter parameters distribution, exceptional reliability
Other data sheets are available within the file: IRG4PC40W