Part Number: GFP60N03
Function: 30V, 60A, N-Channel Enhancement-Mode MOSFET
Package: TO-220AB Type
Manufacturer: General Semiconductor
The GFP60N03 is 30V, 60A, N-Channel Enhancement-Mode MOSFET.
An N-channel enhancement mode MOSFET (Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor) is a type of MOSFET that is commonly used in electronic circuits for switching and amplification. It is called an enhancement mode MOSFET because its operation is enhanced by the presence of an external voltage.
In an N-channel enhancement mode MOSFET, the conductive channel is formed by applying a positive voltage to the gate terminal, which creates an electric field that attracts negatively charged electrons from the source region to the channel region. This increases the conductivity of the channel and allows current to flow between the source and drain terminals.
One of the key advantages of an N-channel enhancement mode MOSFET is its ability to operate with very low voltage and power levels, which makes it well-suited for use in battery-powered devices. It also has a high input impedance, which makes it compatible with digital logic circuits and other low-power devices.
• Advanced Trench Process Technology
• High Density Cell Design for Ultra Low On-Resistance
• Specially Designed for Low Voltage DC/DC Converters
• Fast Switching for High Efficiency
Mechanical Data :
1. Case : JEDEC TO-220AB molded plastic body
2. Terminals : Leads solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
3. High temperature soldering guaranteed : 250°C/10 seconds at terminals
4. Mounting Torque : 10 in-lbs maximum
5. Weight : 2.0g
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 30 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 20 V
3. Drain current: ID = 60 A
4. Maximum Power Dissipation: Pd = 62.5 W
5. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C