Part Number: IHW20N120R2, H20R1202
Function: 1200V, 20A, Reverse Conducting IGBT
Package: TO-247 type
Manufacturer: Infineon Technologies
Image and Pinouts:
H20R1202 is 1200V, 20A. Reverse Conducting IGBT with monolithic body diode.
IGBT stands for Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor. It is a type of power semiconductor device that combines the advantages of bipolar transistors (high voltage and current handling capability) and field-effect transistors (fast switching and low on-state resistance).
They are also used in applications where high voltage and high current are required, such as in welding equipment and induction heating.
An IGBT consists of a P-N-P-N structure with an insulated gate, which is used to control the flow of current between the emitter and collector terminals. When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it creates a conducting channel between the emitter and collector, allowing current to flow.
When the gate voltage is removed, the channel is turned off, and the IGBT becomes an open switch.
These advantages include high voltage and current handling capability, fast switching speed, low switching losses, and low on-state resistance.
1. Powerful monolithic Body Diode with very low forward voltage
2. Body diode clamps negative voltages
3. Trench and Fieldstop technology for 1200 V applications offers :
(1) Very tight parameter distribution
(2) High ruggedness, temperature stable behavior
4. NPT technology offers easy parallel switching capability due to positive temperature coefficient in VCE(sat)
5. Low EMI
6. Qualified according to JEDEC for target applications
7. Pb-free lead plating; RoHS compliant
1. Inductive Cooking
2. Soft Switching Applications