Part Number: HS8108
Function: Power Supply Switching Mode Controller IC
Package: DIP 28 Pin Type
HS8108 is a power supply switching mode controller IC for desktop PCs. It provides all the functions necessary to monitor and control the output of the power supply. Remote ON/OFF control, power good circuitry, some protection features against over-voltage and over-power are implemented.
It directly senses all the output rails for OVP without the need of external dividers. A built-in timer generates accurate timing for control circuit including the PS-off delay. The cycle-by-cycle PWM switching prevents the power transformer from saturation and ensure the fastest response for the short-circuit protection which greatly reduce the stress for power transistors. Two internal precise 431 shunt regulators provide stable reference voltage and driver for 3.3V and 5V-standby regulation. Utilizing minimum number of external components, the HS8108 includes all of the functions for push-pull and/or half-bridge topology, decreasing the production cost and PCB space,and increasing the MTBF for power supply.
1. PC half-bridge (or 494) power supply supervisor + two 431 + PWM
2. Remote ON/OFF function
3. Power-down warning circuitry ﹠ Power good circuitry
4. Delay time for PSON and PG signal
5. Over-voltage protection for 3.3V, 5V and 12V
6. Under-voltage protection for 3.3V, 5V,12V, -12V and/or -5V
7. Push-pull PWM operation and totem pole outputs
8. Over-power and short-circuit protection
9. Two shunt regulator for 3.3V and 5V Sb
10. Soft-start and maximum 93% duty cycle