Part Number: ICS512
Function: LOCO PLL clock multiplier
Package: 8-pin SOIC or die
Manufacturer: Integrated Device Technology
The ICS512 is the most cost effective way to generate a high-quality, high frequency clock output and a reference clock from a lower frequency crystal or clock input. The name LOCO stands for Low Cost Oscillator, as it is designed to replace crystal oscillators in most electronic systems.
Using Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) techniques, the device uses a standard fundamental mode, inexpensive crystal to produce output clocks up to 200 MHz. With a reference output, this chip plus an inexpensive crystal can replace two oscillators Stored in the chip’s ROM is the ability to generate nine different multiplication factors, allowing one chip to output many common frequencies (see table on page 2).
• Zero ppm multiplication error
• Easy to cascade with other 5xx series
• Input crystal frequency of 5 – 27 MHz
• Input clock frequency of 2 – 50 MHz
• Output clock frequencies up to 200 MHz
• Compatible with all popular CPUs
• Duty cycle of 45/55 up to 200 MHz
Other data sheets are available within the file:
ICS501-DPF, ICS501M, ICS501MI, ICS501MIT, ICS501MT