This is one of the gate driver types.
Part Number : IR2153, IR2153S
Function : SELF-OSCILLATING HALF-BRIDGE DRIVER
Package : DIP 8, SO-8 Type
Manufactures : International Rectifier, Infineon
See the preview image and the PDF file for more information.
The IR2153 is a high voltage, high speed, self-oscillating power MOSFET and IGBT driver with both high and low side referenced output channels. Proprietary HVIC and latch immune CMOS technologies enable ruggedized monolithic construction. The front end features a programmable oscillator which is similar to the 555 timer. The output drivers feature a high pulse current buffer stage and an internal deadtime designed for minimum driver cross-conduction. Propagation delays for the two channels are matched to simplify use in 50% duty cycle applications. The floating channel can be used to drive an N-channel power MOSFET or IGBT in the high side configuration that operates off a high voltage rail up to 600 volts.
1. Floating channel designed for bootstrap operation
(1) Fully operational to +600V
(2) Tolerant to negative transient voltage dV/dt immune
2. Undervoltage lockout
3. Programmable oscillator frequency
4. Lower power level-shifting circuit
5. Constant LO, HO pulse widths at startup
6. Lower di/dt gate driver for better noise immunity