This is one of the types of MOSFETs and is a kind of transistor.
The IRF640 is N-Channel enhancement mode silicon gate power field effect transistors. They are advanced power MOSFETs designed, tested, and guaranteed to withstand a specified level of energy in the breakdown avalanche mode of operation.
Part Number: IRF640, IRF640FP
Function: N-CHANNEL, 200V – 0.15 ohm – 18A MESH OVERLAY MOSFET
Package: TO-220, TO-220FP Type
This power MOSFET is designed using the company’s consolidated strip layout-based MESH OVERLAY process. This technology matches and improves the performances compared with standard parts from various sources.
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 600 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 20 V
3. Drain current: ID = 16 A
4. Drain power dissipation : PD = 136 W
8. Channel temperature: Tch = -55 to +175 °C
9. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +175 °C
1. Extremely high dv/dt capability
2. Very low intrinsic capacitances
3. Gate charge minimized
4. Single Pulse Avalanche Energy Rated
5. SOA is Power Dissipation Limited
6. Nanosecond Switching Speed
7. Linear Transfer Characteristics
8. High Input Impedance
1. Switching application